|Sunday||12 PM – 7 PM|
|Monday||Closed - Leagues or Private Events Only|
|Tuesday||Closed - Leagues or Private Events Only|
|Wednesday||4 PM – 9 PM|
|Thursday||4 PM – 9 PM|
|Friday||4 PM – 11 PM|
|Saturday||12 PM – 11 PM|
Last booking is 1 hour before closing time and must be booked a minimum of 2 hours before closing.
For extended hours and bookings outside of regular business hours for a party of 20 more -please contact us!
10 years old and up. 10 to 17 must be accompanied by a participating legal guardian.
*NO CHILDREN UNDER 10 WILL BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN AXE THROWING
Are you having an axecellent time and want to throw for an additional hour? As long as we have space available, it’s only $15 more for the axtra time
with an adult
Children must be between the ages of 10 - 17 and must be accompanied by a PARTICIPATING adult.
Military / first responders
Valid ID Required
Ladies night special
Are you axe skittish?
Calling all axeperts or wanna-be axeperts! If you love axe throwing, fun, and competition, then our World Axe Throwing League (WATL) is for you!
In this league, axe throwing is an individual sport played in a group setting. You, your friends and/or colleagues can each sign up individually to take part in the league. You will get to throw together, but also with and against other league members for some friendly competition.
League runs for 8 weeks with the final week being a double elimination tournament in which a league champion is “crowned”. League fees are $120 for the season and must be paid in full by opening night.
BONUS: If you opt to pay a deposit to hold your spot, once you have paid a 50% deposit – you are considered a “League Member.” ALL League Members axe throw for $15/person plus tax any time during the season. Come join us for some axecellent fun!
Stay Tuned for team leagues and other organization leagues in the future…i.e. Crossfit, Church, Restaurant, Kids Leagues
Mobile Axe Throwing
The Backyard is axecited to announce we can bring axe throwing to you with a mobile setup. We supply stand-alone targets, protective fencing, axes, and our trained axe throwing coaches who not only ensure safe throwing, but create axecitement by teaching your employees, colleagues, friends, families how to stick the axe!
Mobile Axe Throwing is great for private parties, festivals, customer appreciation days, employee appreciation days, and any other special event you can think of as well as a great entertainment option for your bar, grill or restaurant!
Do you want to provide a unique, axehilerating option for your next event? Contact us today (321) 426-7480!
Food, Beer and Wine
Join us for delicious food and drinks while you play games at The Backyard!
Check out our menu for our array of appetizers, pizza, and more to go with our selection of beer, wine and soft drinks. No matter what you choose, you will enjoy our food and drinks in comfort while playing games with your friends!
The Backyard reserves the right to refuse alcoholic beverages and/or the opportunity to throw an axe to any individual, wherein the establishment feels those actions will be detrimental to the safety and well-being of that individual or any individual in the establishment.
Rules & Regulations
- Establishment provides all axes, there are absolutely no personal axes allowed on the premises.
- Closed toe shoes are required, No heels, no exceptions
- Axes never leave the lane they are assigned to
- Axes are only to be thrown as demonstrated by your axe coach
- No bottles, phones or objects of any kind allowed in your hand(s) while holding an axe
- When axes are idle they are to be resting in the assigned Axe bin associated with your lane.
- Never hand or transfer an axe to another person. Exchanges only take place by retrieving and retiring the Axe in its bin.
- Never turn away from the target and or Axe until the Axe has come to a complete rest. Always be aware of where the Axe(s) are. Eyes on Axes all the time!!
- Keep fingers, hands, and any other body parts you cherish away from chain link openings and within the confines of your assigned lane.
- Never cross the 12 foot foul line until all Axes are fully resting
- Always check surrounding areas before throwing an Axe
- No food or beverages in the active Axe throwing area
- No juggling, bouncing, under handed throws or irresponsible “horseplay” will be tolerated.
- Never be in possession of more than one Axe at a time.
- Inform staff immediately of any injury, broken targets and or broken axes
- Intoxicated participants and or spectators will be asked to leave the premises, over-indulgence is not allowed. No refunds or reschedules for these occurrences
- Splinters and band aids are free while blisters are “on you”.
- “Axe holes” are prohibited!!
- Have fun and Get Your Axe in The Backyard!!
- Who can throw an axe? Anyone 10 years old and up can participate if they can hold and throw an axe in a safe manner. Anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Participants with any medical conditions and/or are pregnant should obtain medical clearance from their physician prior to participating. Our facility is wheelchair accessible. All participants must sign a waiver.
- Is axe throwing safe? Yes! Throwing axes is similar to other target sports. Our venue and our procedures are designed to facilitate a safe environment for throwing axes. Provided that participants follow the instructions and safety rules explained by our staff and use common sense, throwing an axe is safe and a lot of fun!
- Will someone show us how to throw an axe? Yes, there will be a brief orientation at the beginning of your game where you will be shown the proper way to throw the axe by one of our axe coaches. They will continue to give you tips throughout your game to assist you in “sticking the axe.”
- Can I just watch? Unfortunately, space is limited, and we cannot guarantee a spot for spectators within the axe throwing area when the lanes are at capacity. The Axe Coach will make the decision if spectator space can be accommodated. Please note: spectators must still sign a waiver to be behind the throwing area and cannot enter the throwing lanes.
- What should I wear? Closed toe shoes are a must; no heels permitted even if they’re closed toe (shoes available for rent; subject to availability of sizes). Wear comfortable clothing as axe throwing involves a lot of leaning forward and swinging arms!
- Can I bring my own axe, knives, ninja stars, etc.? No, we provide the axes you will need for your axe throwing session. As far as the other items, we don’t want to get axed by our insurance guy, so they are a No also.
- Can I bring my own food and beer in? No, we have a café on the premises that serves food, soft drinks, beer, and wine.
- Will we be with other people?Each lane has its own target and two lanes are held within one bay. Each lane accommodates up to 4 people, therefore each bay accommodates up to 8 people. So, if you booked a lane for two people, just the two of you will throw on that lane, but another group may have booked the lane next to you and will be throwing on their target within the same bay
- What is your policy for late arrivals? PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ARRIVE 15 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR START TIME! If you are late for your booking, it will affect the time you have to throw.
- Can I tip my coach? Yes, of course! It is never expected or required, but our coaches really appreciate it!